Monday, June 29, 2009

We were at St Giles School in South Croydon for one week, and I do feel it will be a week none of us will forget. When we arrived there I think maybe a few of us were quite anxious and didn’t really know what to expect, I didn’t hold any expectations and was really looking forward to this new experience which we were about to endeavor on. The first day proved quite hard work for all of us and I think we all underestimated the amount of preparation we would need for each lesson, so by the end of the first day we were all completely knackered but overjoyed because the day had been a success and all the students had enjoyed themselves immensely, and so had we. As the week progressed we found ourselves becoming more confident and comfortable with each lesson, and more confident and comfortable with the students too, as were seeing them every day and getting to know them also.

Looking back on the week, I feel I learned a lot about myself and a lot about life in general. The students helped me in being more patient and holding a greater understanding for different situations and circumstances, I feel I have learned some very valuable social and people skills that I didn’t have before, that I have grown greatly as an individual and I that I am able to work within a team really well and I have also learned that I am a lot more able than I thought I am, in the teaching department. I thought I would be more of a friendly face than a teacher but that was proved wrong when we did have to be a bit stricter at times. I had an amazing time at St Gils School and enjoyed every bit of it, it has definitely made me more aware as a person and I wouldn’t change a thing about the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment